In order for a democracy, or democratic republic, to work/ function effectively, the public/ citizens must believe and have faith, in, and feel, they can TRUST their public, and elected officials! Unfortunately, we often witness, individuals elected, who, seem to feel they deserve this, rather than needing to earn it, every day, in all ways! Perhaps, never before, in recent memory, have American voters elected anyone, who is trusted by as few people, as the present occupant of the White House. Since, President Donald Trump, according to political fact – checkers, has either lied, or significantly misstated information, at such an amazing frquency, especially in times of fear/ conflicts/ confusion, many believe they have no one, to look to, for accurate, realistic information, and/ or, expertise! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and indicates, and why it’s so significant.
1. Truth/ truthful; timely, trends: Doesn’t the public deserve, and shouldn’t it expect, public officials, to be, absolutely, truthful, in order to serve and represent citizens, rather than any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest? If we can’t expect to be told the truth, why would we have faith, in these people, and their ability to lead, effectively, and in our best interests? We need leaders, with open – minds, who are ready, willing, and able, to take timely, well – considered, actions, rather than resorting to blaming and complaining others, and procrastinating! It’s important for these individuals, to recognize trends, and determine which ones, align with the mission of the nation!
2. Relevant; responsible; responsive; reliable: Instead of dwelling on the good – old – days, we are better served and represented, when relevant, responsive, reliable leadership, is offered, consistently! We must hold those, we elect, responsible for fulfilling, to the best of their ability, the essence of the American Dream!
3. Useful; urgent: We can’t accept any diversions from these leaders, when we need, and deserve useful direction, ideas, and true leadership! We must demand they prioritize addessing urgent issues, with a combination of idealism and pragmatism, instead of dwelling on petty stuff!
4. Service; solutions; system; sustainable: Too often, we permit these officials, to resort to populist rhetoric, and empty promises, when we need, and deserve viable, meaningful solutions! These must be, both, relevant and sustainable, and the priority must be, quality service, and creation of the best system, to make a difference, for the better!
5. Time – tested; true: How can anyone provide the service we need, if they, consistently, attempt to reinvent – the – wheel, instead of taking the time, and having the discipline and commitment, to learn, discover, and use, time – tested ideas, which might help, make things better? Perhaps, most importantly, we must begin to be able to believe, what we are being told, is absolutely, true!
We can’t afford to continue to elect individuals, who don’t earn our TRUST! Wake up, America, before it’s too late, to save the American way of life!